5 Popular Types of Flowers for Summer Weddings
Flowers set the tone for every wedding ceremony and reception. They allow you to coordinate color schemes and bring the whole decor of your event together in a cohesive manner. Floral arrangements are beautiful and come in multiple varieties. Here are 5 of the most popular flower types of flowers to consider for your summer wedding.
- Sunflowers are a classic flower for the summer months. Sunflowers are vibrant and joyful and can set the tone for your big day. The yellow color and large nature of sunflower make them pop and are unique to the summer season. They do not come in other colors, but yellow definitely signifies summer and the sun. Try pairing sunflowers with another complimentary flower such as Black-eyed-Susans to reduce the sunflower from being too dramatic or overpowering.
- You can never go wrong with roses. Roses always make a beautiful flower arrangement for a traditional look and style. You can choose from a variety of colors that will work with any color scheme and decor. In addition, roses are much cheaper to purchase from a florist during the summer months, which could save you a great deal of money on your floral arrangement budget. Roses will look fantastic alone or in coordination with other types of flowers depending on your personal preference. Roses stand for love and happiness, so their symbolic nature is relevant as well.
- Calla Lilies look sophisticated and stunning. They are available in an array of colors such as white, deep burgundy, peach, purple, and yellow. Stick with the brighter, summer-like colors for a dramatic impact. Calla Lillies can easily be cut short or left long. Either way they will look beautiful in your flower arrangements.
- Hydrangeas also come in some great colors such as pink, white, blue, and purple, providing you with variety and many options to choose from. Also, they come in large blooms, which can fill up your arrangement for a full look without having to spend as much or purchase as many flowers. Mophead Hydrangeas are usually ideal because of their larger, wide, and round shape however other Hydrangea options are out there. Hydrangeas are very classy and delicate and will make a great addition to any floral arrangement or can stand on their own.
- Finally, Gerberas are a festive summer option. These actually resemble sunflowers in shape but come in many different colors. Also, Gerberas are often much cheaper to purchase which is ideal for a tight budget. Despite the cheap price tag they will be sure to look magnificent at your wedding in vibrant colors like yellow, purple, coral and more. You can also choose from multiple sizes so these flowers are somewhat “custom” ordered to your taste!
After you’ve decided upon and venue and wedding invitation verses, you can start deciding how you will decorate for your big day and make it truly special. Flower arrangements are a great way to brighten up a room during the summer months and add your specific style.